Fishing trade is one of the largest evolving businesses across the world, prime reason behind its humongous consumption and proliferated demand is the availability of fishes everywhere. Fishing and consumption of fishery products have gone through a major change in recent times by being one of the fastest growing industries across the world but what is constant is the health benefits of including fish in our diet.
Fishing has always been a delightful and captivating experience for everyone, over the period of time it has evolved as a popular sport because of its remarkable uniqueness. Studies suggest that it is a great way to relax your mind and get over the monotony of routine life.
Advantages of Fish and Fish products
Benefits of fish consumption are multitudinous and fishes are a quintessential way of supplying your body with all the necessary nutrients which our daily food just don’t have.
Prime health advantages are
1. Ideal for cardiovascular system: Eating fish provides plenty of nutrition and significantly improves the blood circulation in the body by reducing the possibility of blood clotting and thereby minimizing the chances of stroke, heart attack or any other heart disease.
2. Improved Vision: Omega 3 fatty acid present in fishes improves our eyesight and reduces the chances of any health related problem where retina usually degenerate causing a blurred vision.
3. Superior and impeccable skin quality: Consumption of fishes and other sea foods safeguards your skin from harmful UV rays and fight symptoms of Psoriasis, presence of collagen and other nutrients help in maintaining skin quality.
4. Muscle building and regeneration: Fishes are a huge protein source and contain the substantial amount of protein to help develop new and repair damaged muscles in the body.
5. Stronger bones and healthier joints: Ample presence of Vitamin D in fishes helps in making bones stronger, studies reveal that omega 3 helps in fighting against disease like osteoarthritis, which is a degenerative joint disease.
6. Benefits the brain: More that 55% of our brain is made up of fat and thus omega 3 fats present is sea foods are the best source of nutrients needed by brain, it does help in building up the concentration power and sharpen the memory but also helps in preventing many mental disorders, it also improves the sleep cycle and quality.
Apart from all the aforementioned benefits, fish consumption remarkably improves the immune system and considerably fights against the depression thereby improving the emotional balance in humans too. Fish products are not only used in medicines for treating severe medical conditions but even doctors advocate for its usage as supplements to treat problems that arise due to the scarcity and lack of crucial nutrients.
Fishes are of many types and health benefits associated may also vary but a broad classification can be as follows:
- Oily Fishes: Salmon, Tuna, Mackerel, Herring etc.
- Shellfishes: Lobsters, Mussels, Prawns, shrimps etc.
- White Fishes: Hake, Sole, Haddock, Cod, Plaice etc.
It is reasonable and justified to say that fishes and seafood contain life-strengthening and enhancing elements and is one of the most important forms of dietary supplements for most of our bodily requirements.